You may have seen Jon Downey around the gym. He recently participated in our 1st Annual CrossFit Inside Out Games. Due to his travel schedule, Jon takes full advantage of our Personal Program Design membership. You can see Jon early every Saturday working hard before the Team WOD and anytime he is asked, he always says that Saturday’s workouts are the most challenging…in a good way.
1) What brought you to CrossFit Inside Out?
A long history of being fat and out of shape.
2) What was your first impression of CFIO?
I’ve been doing CrossFit since 2010 and have tried all of the boxes in Wilmington at one time or another. Without a doubt, CFIO is the most welcoming and cleanest of them all.
3) What’s been the biggest change you’ve seen since starting?
So many new people at all different levels. Great to see the gains in performance and appearance.
4) What has been your favorite aspect of Personal Program Design?
With my travel schedule I need the freedom to workout when and where I can. The Personal Program allows me to do this. I also must limit some motions and Nick has designed my program to avoid them so I don’t have to think about changing every workout.
5) What are you working on right now?
Getting as cut as possible for a 46 year old who drinks too much beer.
6) What’s your favorite CFIO memory?
Seeing my wife do overhead squats when 8 months pregnant.